Thursday, September 25, 2014

Edmonton Expo Jitters!

The Edmonton Entertainment and Comic Expo starts tomorrow, and I haven't posted a "Other Things" post in awhile, so I thought I would include what I've been up to this past couple of months.

Yes, I have been trying to update my art and the outcome isn't that bad I think. Between helping my family at home, juggling jobs, and working on my own art a lot, it's been a slow and tedious progress. I am up to selling about ten prints now, which is better than last year, that I can say, and I'm kinda happy about it.

Here's what I have been putting together! 
You can click to expand. The posters are all 11 x 17. I do have a metallic 8.5 x 11 print of Venus available for a draw. We'll have to see how that goes!

I have been on the Sailor Moon bandwagon since the new rebooted series went viral. The newest additions are Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Mercury. I am still working up on a whole series of the scouts. Bee and Puppycat is a new and upcoming cartoon releasing in November dedicated to girls. I can't wait to see the series launch!

Miss Fortune is one of the print I sold before, but I revamped her this year, adding smaller, but significant details that I wanted. Some lighting and shading colouring was renewed. Her dress make a lot more sense now than it did before. =P

Purple self was an old idea I was playing with when creating my resume. When colouring it, I remember what a process I went through; the research, the amount of references I went through to get the shading the way I want it, was really fun.

Kerekesh is an original character by a long standing friend of mine from the UK, Chris Chatburn. Kerekesh was from the old role playing days. You can find Chris's website at Hiwez.com, where he has an awesome blog about his art, comics, and various video game reviews.

The Techno DJs print was a promotion to a local lounge here in Edmonton. It was a lot of fun to work on.

If you think you're at least bit geeky, and find yourself at the Expo this weekend, please come by and say hi! My logo will be up on a banner in Artist Alley Section C 09-10. I will be sitting with some of the best people I know.

All of my art can be seen at My DeviantART in my gallery.

Cheers,

Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment