Friday, September 19, 2014

September Topbox Goodies

Indeed, I have been busy. I've been working on updating a bunch of MY ART for an upcoming expo in my hometown where I will be selling prints.

I received my September Topbox in the mail two days ago, and I've a mind to share with you what I got. =D
No make up this time around, but the whole batch isn't too bad either.
This groovy looking bottle is a Perk Up Dry Shampoo in Sea Buckthorn Berry by Amika. Dry shampoos seem to be the thing of the year, as I've seen a lot surface this past year. The formula is your universal liquid to powder spray.

Basically, dry shampoos are meant for two to three day old hair. If you didn't know, it's not exactly healthy to wash your hair every single day. A lot of regular shampoos tend to dry out your scalp, and frequent shampooing is only really necessary if your natural oil production on your scalp is super high. For in-between washes, I tend to stick to a less scented dry shampoo to absorb the extra oil.
Next, is something I already have a regular sized product of -- Bioderma's Purifying Foaming Gel. This is a gentle formula that all skin types can use. It doesn't sting the eyes, and is gentle on abrasions. I'm not too sure how much more I can keep raving about these face washes. I already love Bioderma. =P
Next, is this Visionnaire face cream by LancĂ´me. I was surprised to see this deluxe sample in my bag. The packaging is really nice. Oooh~ =P
The consistency of the formula is light and thin, and has a scent but it isn't too pungent. I don't know too much else about this face cream, but I guess we'll find out.
The last item I received is this nail lacquer called Spa Retreat by Teeez Trend Cosmetics. This is a nice shade to flash for the change of the season. I think the more "vampier" colours will be seen for autumn as a whole. The formula isn't bad, but I noticed when dried, the finish isn't exactly smooth. There were some tiny bubbles on the surface.

That's all I received from my bag this month. Here's a little extra from my sister's box...
She got a nice little box with her nail polish. This one is called Raging Ruby. It's a nice shade, but the formula for this one was very thin, and required at least three to four coats for the projected finish in the photo. Even here, you can see some of the streakiness in it.

Thanks for reading! I'll be sure to update soon after the hecticness that is convention time. =D

~Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment