Sunday, March 09, 2014

L'Occitane en Provence Must Haves

Just an opening disclaimer: this post is not sponsored. I purchased these products with my own money, and this is my own opinion and experience with using L'Occitane products.
I have been using A LOT of L'Occitane en Provence's Shea butter hand cream lately, and I am loving it. I have a huge history with eczema-ridden hands due to very dry weather, and dry office environments don't exactly help my case. Anyone from the Alberta, Canada can relate to this.

This winter has been yet another difficult interval, and who doesn't suffer from weather that is dry, and cold, and dry? Layering up just doesn't cut it. For me, my hands will split, crack, and flake easily a lot during the season.

I survived the winter with L'Occitane's Shea Butter hand cream in my bag. I started out with the 30 ml (0.1 oz) mini tube. I think it was a godsend when I first used this cream. I find that my hands are looking and FEELING the best they have ever been in my entire life. I didn't think it was possible with my history with eczema. After the tube was out, I went and got a 150 ml (5.2 oz) tube for home, and even one for the office.

Retail prices are as follows:

150ml (5.2oz) Hand Cream Tube - $30 CAD
30ml (0.1oz) Hand Cream Tube - $12 CAD
150ml (5.2oz) Pure Shea Butter Tin - $45 CAD

While the Shea Butter is only available at the L'Occitane store, the hand cream is available at both L'Occitane stores and Sephora stores. Online shopping is applicable too. ;)
The cream is a richer formula that is non-greasy. It does have a light scent, but it isn't overbearing at all. What I love about it is that there is no oily "after-feel" when applied. It sinks into the skin like no other moisturizer I have ever come across. I find that my hands are a lot more comfortable than they have been in a very long (looooooong!) time.

There are a few things I would like to mention about their packaging. The mini tubes are light weight, made of plastic, and are great for taking them on the go. It is recommended that you recycle all the plastic/paper parts. The bigger sized tube is made of metal, and is not meant for recycling (just for clearing that up). The lid for the metal tube is plastic too! A bonus to the large size products is that the packaging actually includes braille. I know it's not a requirement for brands to do this, but when they do, I find their integrity to sell a product just goes the extra mile.
I am also a big fan of their pure Shea Butter tin. They add vitamin E which makes a great combination to healing chapped skin.

Apparently it's L'Occitane's 20th year on the market and even as a new subscriber, I find their deals are pretty sweet. Just yesterday I picked up a free redeemable hand cream trio (all 10 ml or 0.3 oz) that comes in a small knitted pouch that resembles a bad Christmas sweater. Seriously! This was free with the code in your email. No purchase required or necessary. There are minis to the mini tube. No more needs to be said.
Thanks guys!
~Misty


No comments:

Post a Comment