Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Urban Decay's Pulp Fiction Palette - be cool honey bunny!

I grabbed this palette awhile ago, and now that it's on SALE, I thought I'd share it's findings in a post! =P
This is the Pulp Fiction palette by Urban Decay, a 20th anniversary token of the release of the film. =D

This definitely goes under my Other Things tab, as it's a Pulp Fiction dedication. This is just the outer packaging, but I thought it was worth documenting. On the back, there's a brief description about who the palette is inspired by; Mia Wallace, who is portrayed in the film by Uma Thurman.
'Three tomatoes are walking down the street- a poppa tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and smooshes him... and says, "Catch up."' -- Mia Wallace, Pulp Fiction

There's also images of what the palette comes with -- everything except the band-aid. For reference, the band-aid is worn by Marsellus Wallace in the film, who is played by Ving Rhames.
Here is the actual packaging, and yes, I will mention all the fine details of it. The actual size is under 4.25x4.25 inches so it sits neatly in your hand. 

The quote on the front says:
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the
inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and goodwill,
shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for
he is truly his brother's keep and the finder of lost
children. And I will strike down upon thee with great
vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to
poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my
name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
-- JULES WINNFIELD, BAD MOTHER F***ER"

Now, Jules Winnfield is another character in the film played by none other than Samuel L. Jackson. Did I mention the film has an all-star cast? =P Anyway, this is the epic Ezekiel monologue he dishes out while following through on an assignment. ;D The eye shadows are all named from the passage.
The extra details were worth showing off, I think.
Here is the palette when you open it up. It's great for travelling I think, as you have a good range of shades together.
From left to right, we have Righteous, Tyranny, Vengeance, Furious, and Anger.

I think the only disappointing shade is the first -- Righteous. It is the only one that feels more powdery than the rest. With that exception, these shadows feel silky to the touch and apply like soft butter. Blending is like a dream with this palette. Righteous and Tyranny are matte shades, while the rest seem to have a semi-matte finish with a satin sheen to them.

It's a small palette, but it's definitely not disappointing. There's also a "Get the Look" card that comes with.
On the back, it showcases the other items from Urban Decay that you can get separately to complete Mia Wallace's iconic look. I'm not one for red lipstick, since it looks horrid on me, but the rest of the collection involves red lipstick and red nail polish: Check it while they're still available! As I said the palette is on sale for $19 CAD now, from $41 regularly, on the Sephora website so if you are a fan, you can still grab it there.

Cheers!

~Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment